Portal slewing crane is typical arm slewing crane with traveling rails and used in portal slewing crane base frame, equipped with a rotation mechanism, the portal frame is actually the load-bearing part. Under the portal frame, it's traveling mechanism, can walk on the ground rail. On top of the rotating mechanism are the arm frame and luffing mechanism. Four mechanisms work together to complete the installation of equipment or hull section or to load and unload cargo.
- The working mechanism has a higher traveling speed, which can reach 70m/min, luffing speed up to 55m/min.
- Rated lifting capacity is wide. In general, it's 5-100ton,the lifting capacity for shipbuilding use portal slewing crane is larger,its up to 150～250ton.
- High efficiency. 22 hours per day and night work. In general, it can reach more than 100 tons per hour.
- Three-dimensional structure. Not take up more docks, freight yard area, with a tall gantry frame and the long boom, thus it has large hoisting height and working range, to meet the port terminal ships and vehicles mechanized handling, reprinting and full use of the site request.
- High cost. Need more steels and larger power supply, the wheel pressure is large require a solid foundation, its ancillary equipment is also more, such as substations, cables etc.